Brian D

I'm surprised the charts still indicate a channel if there isn't one. I was
also surprised at how the person in the boat (can't seen person #2) was
sailing into a nasty situation and not even looking around. Certainly the
beach and rocks, along with the very high possibility of shoal water, was
evident right in front of them? And to just sit there and not even be
concerned? Must've been VERY new boaters...

Brian

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
ink.net...
Depends. But since this is the South Tower of the Golden Gate bridge and
Baker Beach, the ocean will make it into very small pieces. They probably
read the chart and saw the South Channel designation and used it. There
is
no South Channel and not for a lot of years. You can get through if lucky
and a calm day. They should of gone through the middle of the gate, using
the commercial ship channel. Still can get rough but lots more water
underneath and the waves do not break normally. And lately the seas have
been big swells. 10'-15'ers.
Bill

"Pierre" wrote in message
. ..
Do you have to retreive that boat, or can the owners just leave it there?

Must be expensive to retreive

?

"Brian D" wrote in message

I like how the fool in the boat is sitting there like he's sipping tea

while
a big breaker builds up behind him. In the latter photos, you can even

see
through the shallows and see the shore rocks looming in the foreground.
This guy never read Darwin, but should've... waste of a nice little
boat
tho'

Brian D

"thunder" wrote in message
On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 15:38:03 -0400, P.Fritz wrote:

What the hell were they thinking?

Uh, my guess is that they weren't. ;-)