RG

Default Any boat repair will take longer and cost more than originally guessed!

I feel sorry for you.

My 16ft. El Pescador has been at their plant for some hull work since late
NOVEMBER. Estimated time to fix.....one week.... I pick it up on Monday,
January 12!!!! Price...50 % more than estimate, though I did add some items
to the original plan, so I'm not too unhappy.

I had our home's ceilings raised this summer...final price ....50% higher
than estimate...100% additional time over estimate.

When I worked ( 40 years as an investment broker)...I'd write my customers a
one page letter detailing what I planned to do...including estimated costs
and timing. Just about 100% of them agreed with the written plan...and I
was able to execute it within 3 to 5% of my estimate, sometimes on the lower
side.

Sure doesn't happen in boats and houses, does it!

RichG