Capt. NealŪ

"Skip Gundlach" skipgundlach sez use my name at earthlink dot fishcatcher (net) - with apologies for the spamtrap wrote in message
Please don't respond to this newsgroup's new village idiot. He has
nothing of any value whatsoever to add to any thread. He has an
honoured place in my idiot bin and I would rather not read his horsesh*t
attributed in other people's posts.

Please do not feed the troll.

Heh. He's hardly new (Hi, Neal!). He's just been gone from these pages for
a couple of years.

Like Jax (who took a sabbatical a while back, on advice of a physician
encouraging him to limit his stressors, but who surfaces, now and again),
nuggets of wisdom occasionally fall from the purse of CN. Otherwise, he
seems to enjoy tweaking everyone's nose.

I've not yet gotten to the point where I killfile either - but sometimes the
threads get tiresome :{))

OTOH, perhaps it was just irksome to CN to find less than complete info.
I've often been guilty of the same thing (putting up a request without
remembering that I got to a certain point after lots of thinking, but that
the readers hadn't been along for the ride).

So, back to helping Doug with his refrigeration :{))

Depends on what you mean by "trouble-free" and what your limitations are.

For example, the water-from-the-engine-pump coolant, the honking big
compressor on the front of the engine, and massive cold plates, makes for a
pretty trouble-free setup - if you don't mind running the engine.

For me, it's a keel cooler and a spillover - flat plate evaporator
with two digital thermostats and internal fans to keep it all uniform in
temps and no pumps, no holes in the boat (if you discount the hole you have
to make to install the keel cooler, which plugs it, completely) and no
particular concern for how hot it is where the compressor is located (ER in
my case).

To each his own...

L8R

Skip, off the boat briefly before a 4-week foray to try to get *something*
buttoned up!
--
Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

A delightfully reasonable and reasoned fellow! A rare find in rec.boats.cruising.

CN

CN