Gogarty

In article ,
says...

Gogarty wrote:
As for refrigeration, check out the Italian Frigoboat Frigomatic with the
keel cooler. It is very similar to the standard Danfoss compressor
driven unit -- it uses a Danfoss compressor -- but has no fan or pump to
draw power. It is easily installed in an existing icebox. Mine uses half
the amps the old one did (what is that name?) Mine cost $1,005.

Thanks for the recommendation. How long have you had it? We are
considering one of the units with a keel cooler made as a thru-hull.

We bought it in March 2001 and installed it that Spring, so this will be its
fifth season. The keel cooler, a sintered bronze billet 6.625"x 1.5" x 2.75"
through which the coolant condenser line loops -- is a through hull. You drill
the hole (with great trepidation), insert the through hull portion from the
outside with the cooler itself flush against the hull using 3M 5200. Not
likel;y you will ever want to remove it. Be sure the hole is where it will
always be under water no matter how much the boat heels and is also clear of
internal structural members. I nearly came a cropper on that with barely
enough room to snug down the backup nuts. You can check it out at
http://www.frigoboat.com. The cooler is connected to the negative side of the
battery to protect the bronze, which then attracts barnacles since it is not
releasing any copper ions..