Bill Andersen

Default New owner - Question about AC power

Small, gasoline powered generators aren't necessarily noisy or dangerous.
And, you don't have to refill them when hot - especially with the limited
use this boater intends. Refill it when it's not hot, before or after each
use; they run for a long time on a tank of gas.

"Paul" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Remember that you can't put an
inverter in the engine room of a gasoline powered boat, so make sure you
have a good place for it.

Didn't know that, thanks. (I wonder how much I don't know, I bet it's a

big
list).

As for the suggestion of a small, gasoline powered generator. My

feelings
are that those are noisy and dangerous, both from fire/explosion hazard

if
you have to refill it while it's hot, and the CO hazard if you run it
anywhere inside the cockpit. The only place I'd feel safe running one

would
be out on the swim deck, but they I'd be worried about salt water

splashing
and corrosion. I'd stick with the inverter solution.

We'll be in fresh water lakes only but your point is well taken. I can't

see
myself wanting to carry spare fuel on board anyway so refuelling hot
wouldn't be an issue.

Aside from the inconvenience of locating it somewhere and starting it up
each time I want to make a bit of coffee, the noise is the biggy. To have

nice quiet anchorage and watch the sun rise while listening to that thing
pounding away ... well, you can see my point.

If the setup isn't unreasonable I guess I have to start doing some math. I
would really feel better though if anyone else is set up this way, or

tried
it and found out that it's non-workable.