Scotty

"Flying Tadpole" wrote ...
Only one of those is essential.

I should have wrote, ''essential to me''?

A tiller lock or loop will keep
you going in most directions without having to stand to the
tiller.

Won't work on a real sailboat with a wheel.

The autopilot will break down when you most need it (and
besides, as a single hander, you're supposed to be on watch the
whole time).

What, you never go potty? never eat while sailing?

While we're at it, get rid of the standing rigging other than for
a bit of additional support when in really rough weather. Set the
masts up so they can easily be lowered, in a seaway, by one
person, to get at halyard jams etc without using a bosun's chair
or climbing a pitching/rolling mast. And so on.

That would be nice. Someone should build a nice boat with those
features.

Scotty