Lady Pilot

"Thom Stewart" wrote:
Neal,

Please don't attach to my headers. I'm not attaching to yours.

Tom, I respect that you are an old man posting to usenet through webtv and
don't have a clue, but let me inform you about usenet.

No one *owns* a thread they start, nor a post they make in some other
thread. Just because katywails has made comments to Ganz not to "gay up"
her thread, doesn't make it *her* thread.

You whining about Dave and DSK posting on your thread made you a laughing
stock to people that really know something about usenet. Please stick to
something you know about, like sailing.

I've noticed many sailing threads that you never comment on, then start new
off-topic posts whining about off-topic posts. Can you say hypocrite?

This is an *alt* newsgroup. Alt stands for "Anarchists, Lunatics,
Terrorists". If you want a more civilized group, maybe you and a few other
whiners could start a new newsgroup in the rec.* hierarchy? Although, most
sailors here wouldn't ever be able to "Cut the Mustard" in a rec.sailing
group.

Here's a list of what's currently available regarding sailing on usenet:
alt.sailing
alt.sailing.asa
alt.sailing.boats.crew
alt.sailing.pbsa
alt.sailing.tall-ships
alt.sailing.yacht-charter
aus.sport.sailing
git.club.sailing
ott.rec.sailing
uk.rec.sailing

If your NSP (News Service Provider) doesn't carry one of the groups above,
you can always ask nicely and maybe they would add the group to their list
of servers.

LP