prodigal1

Dave wrote:
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:41:13 GMT, (Michael) said:

I like the concept of outboards on sailboats. That are like a
saildrive, but not an actual saildrive but actually an outboard in a
lazerette. Repair, replacement is a lesser cost with an OB.

Had that setup for 20 years. Not that much fun wrestling it into place and
taking it out when you're done for the weekend. If I were to go with an
outboard again, I'd want one on a retractable mount on the stern, not one
mounting in the lazarette. But for my money an inboard is the way to go.
Close call, perhaps, with a 26. An outboard definitely has its charms when
it comes to cost.

The original design spec for the HR28 showed a tip-up outboard in the
lazarette with a sliding drop-down sleeve that filled the gap when
underway or at anchor.