DSK

Default Dick Cheney's company cleared of all wrongdoing

Gould 0738 wrote:

Can you imagine that?

The Executive Branch investigated the VP's (former) company and pronounced it
clean as a whislte?

My understanding is that the DoD investigated, and said "No problems here, move
along" (or words to that effect). OMB hasn't said anything yet and I get the
impression that a political dogfight may be going on under the sheets.

As for *former* there are still a lot of documented ties between Dick Cheney and
Halliburton. He gets umpty-gazillion dollars worth of options, and talks a lot to
it's board, and it has yet to be revealed how big a chunk of Halliburton stock is
in his "blind trust." There's no question it's there, the queston is how much....
although to you and me, it would be a heck of a lot even if it was a trivial
fraction of Cheney's net worth.

Not many years ago, we would have needed to spend $50mm on a special
presecutor. Today, a few good ol' Texas boys get together down at Hooter's and
decide it was alright- just business as usual.

Firstly, that was when Democrats (ie libby-rull traitors and terrorist coddlers)
were accused of wrongdoing, and secondly it is a tremendous tax saving that you
should be grateful for.

DSK