DSK

Default Trailer - Tire change and wheel bearing question

n0sPaM wrote:

Also, do I need to grease the wheel bearing on the trailer wheel? Can I use
WD-40, just spray?

NO you can't just spray WD-40 into your trailer bearings. Great as this stuff
is, it is not a substitute for hi-temp grease. WD-40 will lubricate the surface
but will not distribute heat nor will it maintain lubrication on a hot surface
for any duration. Of course, if you are only driving the trailer 100 yards it
might work OK.....

Marine rated grease is best, but cheaper white lithium grease will do.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King