NOYB

Default Peace Through Superior Firepower

"WaIIy" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 12:13:21 -0500, John H
wrote:

On 08 Jan 2004 16:34:28 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

Bull****. We bought 'em off, that's all. But I'm all for that, rather

than
war.

John M.

We started 'em up, bought 'em off, and shut them down.

Remember that N. Korea only activated its nuclear reactor program

*after*
George Bush cut off the oil supply to N. Korea.
Gets darn cold in Korea in the winter. Pretty hard to run the power

plants on
donkey dung.

When things are going less-than-well in Iraq and a political victory is

needed,
we accept N. Koreas's capitulation on the nuclear issue------and turn

the oil
back on.
Oh---but not before they go ahead and develop a couple of nukes.

Spectacular statesmanship? Hardly.

Chuck, wasn't their nuclear program in development during the Clinton
years? When you say, "...cut off the oil supply..." are you referring
to oil we were giving them or did we in fact place an embargo on North
Korea?

John H

If you guys remember, Jimmy Carter brokered a deal for Clinton that gave
the N. Koreans 1-2 BIllion dollars to NOT develop a nuke.

Wally, please check your facts before posting a very serious accusation
here. The bribe was in the amount of $4.6 billion.