Gould 0738

Default Buying used tips: 2001 Sea Ray BR 185

Here's what the INSIDE of the Sea Ray hull looks like. Read what the
surveyor thinks of this and what he found before you waste your
money.....

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/Fiberglass_Boats.htm

I call "bogus" on at least one photo in this batch. If one is obviously
something other than what it is reported to be, how much
credibility do the other photos have?

My case: Look at the photo on the right hand side of the page where a hand with
a silver wris****ch is peeling the outer skin away. What do we see under the
skin? We see evidence of a *previous, botched, repair!* Notice how a big chunk
of the material underneath is a much brighter white and far more roughly
finished than the area around it? (Bad repair work could be why the outer
layers are delaminating). No reasonable person would conclude that both colors
of material were laid in at the same time, yet the article purports to be
exposing crappy OEM techniques, not botched repairs. Again I say, "bogus."

Get five surveyors to look at something, and at least one of them will
ordinarily disagree with the rest. Simply because a surveyor puts up a web
site, he's not suddenly infallible.