Peter Clinch

Jasmine Waters wrote:

A Paddle - I appreciate people are trying to stop you from making an
expensive & inappropriate purchase here. You could buy cheap to get by
initially, however - if you're really enjoying this sport & wanting to
stay with it, bear in mind this is the tool of your trade. The paddle
has to be an extention of you. You MUST feel comfortable with it, I
think this is somewhere you shouldn't skimp too much (I'm not saying go
buy the top model, just don't buy anything that's too cheap).

Agreed, though I'll note that a friend with decades of experience is
just in the process of replacing his sea paddle, and despite the decades
of experience still isn't completely sure what he wants...

I agree with Jasmine not to buy any old thing, but a basic "economy"
paddle from e.g. Lendal[1] (say, Polypro Logiks on an economy glass
shaft) is still a decent paddle, and probably much better than a noname
thing. It's a damn site cheaper than their top models though!

Pete.

[1] I use Lendal for examples because I'm personally familiar with them
and have found their kit does for me. Beyond that, it's not a
particular recommendation over other paddles, and they're certainly not
the only game in town.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK