P.C. Ford

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:49:22 -0500, okey dokey
wrote:

Hi, We just finished putting a layer of fibreglass on our 1973 Carver
Mariner 28' (wood) below the waterline, but I am looking for a product
or something (liquid) that i can pour or spray into the inside of the
hull that will seal the hull from the inside, is CHEAPER than using
epoxy, and will be very easy to apply. I am hoping it will settle
into all of the gaps and spaces that may be present in the hull that i
can't see or get too without removing the interior components of the
cabin.

Anyone have any suggestions? tar maybe? lol.
Thanks for your help,
-Jay.

Why do you think that you could goober something on the inside of the
boat to seal it?

The best thing you could do with this boat is to give it to someone
who has the time, money and knowledge to properly care for it.

Poorly considered fiberglass jobs on wooden boats kill them. Your
"repair" technique is almost certainly bound to fail. You don't solve
a problem by covering it up. Your boat most likely will begin to have
significant rot problems in a short time. (If it does not already.) In
any case, you have certainly destroyed the value of the boat to anyone
but the most ill-informed.