Gould 0738

Default Peace Through Superior Firepower

Chuck, wasn't their nuclear program in development during the Clinton
years? When you say, "...cut off the oil supply..." are you referring
to oil we were giving them or did we in fact place an embargo on North

Their nuke program was well developed during the administrations of Bush the
First and Clinton. It was shut down, in exchange for certain assurances from
the
US.

In 2001, we began accusing N. Korea of having a clandestine Nuclear Weapons
program. Not unlike the WMD accusations leveled against Iraq.

During the month of November, 2002, (just as winter was geting underway in
North Korea) Bush very publicly and with great fanfare (he made a speech about
it)
encouraged/permitted/influenced an organization acronymed as KEDO (it manages
energy resources for the Korean peninsula) to immediately cut off the shipment
of fuel oil into North Korea. Guess what? With an entire nation of freezing
people, the Koreans hopped back on the nuclear program big time. Of course,
Bush was then able to say, "See? We told you all along they were running
nuclear reactors that could be capable of enriching unranium! We've been proven
right!" Politics, as usual.