Jim Donohue

Copyright is never a problem in such situations. You cannot copyright
facts...only form. So the actual information and structure is free of
copyright.

The standard itself is copyrighted and cannot be distributed. But the
content of the standard is fair game. In fact if one had a copy and simply
published the meat in plain text there is likely no recourse. I would of
course do it anonymously. The mere fact that it is legal will not keep you
from being sued.

Jim Donohue

"Doug Dotson" dougdotson@NOSPAMcablespeedNOSPAMcom wrote in message
Right, plus you need to fork over a bunch of $$ to get your company
unique ID.

"Me" wrote in message
In article ,
Wayne.B wrote:

You'd think that we would have enough smart guys on this group to do a
little, ahem, reverse engineering.

The problen is CopyRight, not reverse engineering........

Me