Jack Redington

Default Test Drive Advice...

Any boat dealer that is near the water and will not allow you to take a
test drive should be avoided. I have not found one that was not willing
to drag a model that I was intested in to the nearest lake for a test
run. (except one)

Capt Jack R..

Tony Thomas wrote:

By definition, a Marina is on the water already. If your talking about a
marine dealer off the water, they probably won't allow a test drive unless
they have a demo model and then they will take it to the lake and launch w/
you. If used, then you will probably have to haul yourself.

Most dealers don't allow test drives on new boats since they have to install
a battery, fuel, oil, and check out first. Then if you don't buy it, they
have a used battery, engine w/ fuel that has to be conditioned and possible
winterized. You might actually be an honest person who is ready to buy
based on the ride but a lot of people just want a ride knowing that they
really want something else.