Jack Redington

Default Trolling motor on a 21 foot boat?

I have a 21 foot boat with a mercruiser. Very close to the house, we
have a forest preserve with a nice little lake. The trouble is, they
do not allow gasoline motors to be operated. I might consider buying a
trolling motor to troll around. The question is, is a trolling motor
enough to push a 21 foot boat against wind? Mine does not have a very
high profile, it is a cuddy cabin type of boat.

Depending on how much freeboard your boat has will effect this alot. On
my 21 crownline cuddy I would not even try it. There may be more
powerful trolling motors out there then I think . :-)

Capt Jack R.