John H

Hope you're right. I took it as agreement with Krause's 'Hate the Military'
campaign.

Clams, if Paul's impression was the correct one, please accept this apology!

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:22:31 -0500, Paul Schilter ""paulschilter\"@comcast dot
net" wrote:

John,
Funny how people read things differently. I took Clams reply that he
was in agreement that the soldiers shouldn't be prosecuted. I'm sure
he'll clarify.
Paul

John H wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 06:53:33 GMT, "Clams Canino" wrote:

COOL!!!!

-W

"HKrause" wrote in message

Army Won't Prosecute 17 Soldiers In Detainee Deaths
Army Says 27 Detainees Have Died While In U.S. Military Custody

WASHINGTON -- Army officials will not prosecute seventeen U.S. soldiers
involved in the deaths of prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Military investigators had recommended the soldiers be court-martialed
in three prisoner deaths. Charges ranged from making false statements to
murder.

Instead, Army officials decided either that force was lawfully used,
that soldiers didn't understand the rules for using force or there
wasn't enough evidence.

Eleven other Army soldiers still face murder or other charges involving
the deaths of detainees in Iraq or Afghanistan. The Army Criminal
Investigation Command released a report Friday detailing the cases of 27
detainees killed in custody in Iraq and Afghanistan between August 2002
and November 2004.

Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

- - -

"We've investigated ourselves and we've decided we're not guilty. After
all, you don't count the dead when Jesus is on your side."

We should expect at least a 100% conviction rate of soldiers investigated by
soldiers. Hell, when civilians investigate civilians it happens, doesn't it?

As eleven other soldiers are now facing murder charges, the premise of Harry's
statement is bull****.

I would expect as much from one who despises the military, but Clams... I'd have
thought better of you.

--
John H