jps

Default OT : Another poll to break Harry's (if he has one) heart

In article ,
says...
On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 13:12:55 +0000, NOYB wrote:

Bush 41 was vulnerable on the economy...the upturn had started, but much
too late to win the election. Bush 43 has a rapidly growing economy.
There aren't any issues where he's really weak.

Don't kid yourself. It will take a campaign to determine what the issues
are. Potentially I can see Bush's credibility being an issue (those pesky
WMDs have yet to appear), Iraq (the plan appears to be cut & run by July
but if soldiers are still dying?), unforeseen events that may not show us
to be safer under this President, and the economy (this spurt may not have
legs).

I also have this theory that has been developing since Nixon. I suspect
voter apathy is not apathy at all, but a deep seated disgust with all
things Washington. Since Nixon, the candidate that was, or at least
portrayed himself to be, farther outside the beltway, has won. Dean
appears to be tapping into this, and also appears stubborn enough not to
moderate himself. If he continues, as he is doing now, I suspect Bush has
a fight on his hands.

Couldn't agree more. Dean, if he wins the nomination, will take the
fight to Bush. There'll be no waiting around for subtle engagement.
Dean has that straight-talk gene that so many people admire in Bush, but
has an agenda and plan that likely fits with most American's concerns.

Dean may be the perfect antidote for Bush's tough talking rhetoric.