Jim

You are probably right, that group makes few mistakes.

The anchors are huge, but their dinghy is a good one, with a substantial
outboard. The dinghy was still in the davits until the last day on the
beach.

What do you do?

otnmbrd wrote:
Jim wrote:

The people who built those little ships really did an amazing job.
Took quite a pounding. Every morning I expected the worst.

And Jim Gladson deserved a lot of credit for his management style,
from what I saw.

I guess we all can learn from this to have a plan for such an emergency.

I still wonder why those anchors were still in their chocks.

How much do they weigh? What is the weight of the chain?
What would be the requirements for the equipment to haul the anchors and
chain to an area that could do any good? What equipment was available to
do so? What amount of pull could the Irving Johnson apply to that gear,
once it was set?

otn