Jim

Red Cloudİ wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:24:03 GMT, Red Cloudİ wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:58:08 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

Has anyone heard if the attempt to re-float/tow the "Irving Johnson" have
succeeded??

I haven't seen anything in the last 24 hrs on the national news.

The longer she languishes there, the less hope there is for a successful
attempt.

Thanks.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

For the latest information:
http://www.lamitopsail.org/index.asp

rusty

The Irving Johnson has been successfully towed to deeper water and appears to be
intact.

rusty redcloud

The people who built those little ships really did an amazing job. Took
quite a pounding. Every morning I expected the worst.

And Jim Gladson deserved a lot of credit for his management style, from
what I saw.

I guess we all can learn from this to have a plan for such an emergency.

I still wonder why those anchors were still in their chocks.