CC Cox

On 25 Mar 2005 07:32:31 -0800, "boatgeek" wrote:

I guess that would be my question to the group, if you have no choice
but to travel through hostile waters, or your are travelling through
what could be hostile waters, how would you choose to "be capable of
eluding him"?

There's a guy in an otherwise unremarkable 30'(give-or-take) fiberglass
sailboat, who has blown by me on at least 3 occasions as I was sailing into
Boston Harbor in the evening. I don't know what kind of inboard power he has,
but his boat is way overpowered compared to any other sailboat I've seen. His
bow comes out of the water and he motors along at a comically high angle and at
a speed that seems unnatural for a sailboat. Probably inefficient as all hell,
and still can't outrun a serious motor boat, but could be capable of eluding
slower motor boats, at least for a while. So I offer a monster auxiliary motor
(and suitable prop) as a possible tool for eluding slower pirates. If nothing
else, the sight of a sailboat accelerating and planing should give them pause.
One disadvantage is that it is probably makes it harder to aim your own weapons.

--
Chuck Cox - SynchroSystems
, , www.synchro.com