DSK

Larry W4CSC wrote:
There was no crises in '73. It was contrived.

To some extent I agree. But the political situation driving the
economics was quite real. Basically the Arab members of OPEC decided to
punish us for supporting Israel... an attitude that has not changed...

Once Americans got a taste of the power of big oil, big oil could jack up
the prices, a little at a time, and the public just accepted it. We have
no choice, just like Europe.

Problem with this... for most of the time frame between 1975 and today,
gas prices have lagged behind in inflation... until recently, far
behind. Look at average wages in 1975... a loaf of bread cost 35c, a new
release album $3.

What ****es me off is my politicians allow Alaskan oil to go to JAPAN!!

Why not? They hold a heck of a lot of our gov't debt, and they pay
higher prices for it than you & I.

DSK