Hi Roger,

Thanks for those surveyor links - saves me expensive mistakes. I've
heard horror stories about surveyors recommended by, or influenced by
unscrupulous brokers. Not exactly reassuring when it comes to buying
such a big ticket item.

I guess prices are all over the place because it is a varied market,
with some folks stretching their budget, and others throwing away good
money after bad. Sales must reflect that too, with some folks getting
a raw deal and others making out like bandits selling boats at bloated
prices. I think that the older the boats get, the more informed and
educated the buyers are; this means that actual sales will tend to
better reflect real market value, even if asking prices are in fantasy
land. For more recent boats, it seems that some folks hope to resell
for more than they bought them for, at least for the first few years
of trying to sell them. Maybe given time, and the expenses of keeping
a boat, reason slowly sinks in?

Cheers,

Rich