Wayne.B

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 22:46:37 GMT, "Eugene Sussman"
wrote:
We are moving to FL and are thinking of bringing our boat down to the Venice
Englewood area. Has anyone had any experience cruising that area?

Our boat is a Carver Montego (Express Cruiser 32 ft LOA 2.5ft beam 3 ft.
draft). We currently cruise it in Southern MA (Buzzards Bay, Vineyard Sound,
Nantucket Sound, Block Island Sound)

The west coast of Florida between Tampa-St Pete and the Florida Keys
is one of the finest cruising areas I've ever seen, particularly Pine
Island Sound and the barrier islands. We've been in the Cape Coral-Ft
Myers area for over a year now after 30+ years cruising the north
east, and are enjoying the boating a great deal. Here are some
pictures from two of our recent cruises this year:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoonos...lbum?.dir=75c3

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hoonos...lbum?.dir=d25d

The water here is shallower than what you are used to, so be sure and
get some decent charts and cruising guides:

http://nauticalcharts.com/cruisingguides.htm