elyob

"David Kemper" wrote in message

Yes, I concede that you are absolutely correct in terms of gentle
touring/ pottering about. I was under the impression the OP was looking
to do DW next year though. (maybe that should be he is considering it a
possibility) This implies he wants to be able to cover a larger distance
and indeed will be disqualified on safety grounds should he fail to
complete any stage within the permitted time slot. DW in a solo Canadian
would be a nightmare trip. I'm sure someone will have done it though.

Yes, I'm a competetive sort of chap so always try and push myself when
partaking in any sport. I find it tough to cycle slowly and always end up
leaving friends behind. Woops.

I'd presume that I'd be looking for distance rather than pottering when I
take up kayaking. I'm wondering whether I could beat the 15hour record of
the DW ... just kidding ...