Short Wave Sportfishing

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:30:01 -0500, "SoFarrell"
wrote:

I don't know why, but I must have missed this thread in one of my
periodic dusting and cleaning of the OT posts.

I thought I might find a fellow flats fisherman in here to share ideas and
stories and instead I drag up a troll.

Ah - well, depends on what we are talking about. I do a lot of
inshore fishing and tend to fly fish along what are considered tidal
flats and backwaters of Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island Bay and inside
of Napatree Beach or Fisher's Island.

Occasionally, I'll hike along Napatree Beach with a 11' Spey rod and
two hand huge streamers for strippers or blue fish. I also have a
monster surf rod (14') made from two Ugly Stick surf blanks that I
occasionally use inside Mt. Hope Bay (upper Narragansett Bay @ Fall
River) towards the Bratton Point power plant for anything that happens
to be in the area.

Most of the time I use a bay boat to reach shallower areas.

I like large Clouser style flies and I've adapted some of the more
interesting ones I've made over the years for bait casting. I also
tie large salmon streamers and use 'em on blue fish. In fact, I have
one that I'm quite proud of - I make it from all artificial materials
- fake furs, flash and florescent vinyl and nylon threads - pretty
interesting fly if you ask me. I've also adapted this one for bait
casting.

Dare we talk about fresh water flats fishing? :)

Later,

Tom