William G. Andersen

Bert,
I've got home, car, and boat insurance with USAA. I think it's a good
company.
I don't think they provide boaters anything other than the same kind of
liability insurance they provide for cars.
If I'm right, I'm not paying much for insurance, but I'm not covered for
salvage, theft, etc.

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:50:19 -0500, "Bert Robbins"
wrote:

wrote in message
egroups.com...
One major difference between a marine insurance company and a car
insurance company willing to write a policy on a boat is that a boater
can buy a "yacht" policy through a marine insurance company.

Chuck, I can tell that you really don't know anything about USAA and the
services they provide to their members.

Care to enlighten we ignorant few? Their website doesn't mention
boating insurance.... but, ever mindful of a good deal, I'm
interested.

I think Chuck is correct in his assessment that companies regularly
insuring marine concerns have a better understanding and response than
those not doing so.... Personally, I got tired of being dropped by
insurors because my boat was on the East Coast. Every time a major
hurricane hit the East Coast the geographical extent of insurance
cancellations crept North.... wave after wave....

I finally settled on a marine insuror and I no longer have to play the
cat and mouse game by proxy held between Mother Nature and
underwriters that just don't have their heart in marine casualty....

USAA = United Services Automobile Association. They started out life
providing auto insurance to commissioned officers in the uniformed
services. Later they opened it up to the dependents of the members. The
eligibility has been expanded into the enlisted ranks of the military now.

My dad insured his house, cars and boat through USAA.

I have insured house, boat and cars through USAA. I especially like the
refund checks I receive due to the association not having to pay out in
claims as much as they estimated.

If you can get it it is a great company.