John H

On 23 Mar 2005 08:20:40 -0800, wrote:

When an expert responds to her posts with a different opinion, I enjoy
reading
both. *You*, in my opinion, are not an expert. Therefore your snide
comments
fall into the 'inane' category.
--
John H
************

When an "expert" repsonds to a post about a technical matter, he or she
will be able to do so without making personal attacks and insults the
basis of his or her remarks.

What would you think if you hired a surveyor, and he showed up and
began the process with, "This boat has to be a piece of crap. I can
tell without looking at it. The reason I am so sure is that I know the
present owner, and he is the lowest form of life on the
planet............."?

An expert should be able to render an opinion in an adult and objective
manner.

Of course, if the only field in which one is really an expert is the
depth of their own disgust for other people then opinions expressed in
*that* field of expertise will indeed, read like a non-stop personal
attack.

In the instance of my comment, I believe Karen was responding to a post without
a verbal attack on anyone.
--
John H