noah

Default Trailer - Tire change and wheel bearing question

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 22:43:20 GMT, "Rural Knight"
wrote:

"n0sPaM" wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...

I have a 3-ton jack (for me to change my winter tires on my car), and now

am trying to change a flatten tire on my 16' trailer of my boat, but I am

little bit confused..I can't find lifting point, where should I put the
jack? any idea?

Assuming a floor or bottle jack, anywhere on the frame closest
to the wheel. Make sure the jack is stable - use a jack stand or
a building block as a safety.

Also, do I need to grease the wheel bearing on the trailer wheel? Can I

use
WD-40, just spray?

As somebody else said NO NO NO!!!

Remove the bearings and repack - it's a simple operation.

http://www.plantservices.com/Web_Fir...D/CBOH-5CSQMR/

Also, get thee hence to NAPA and pickest thou upest some
Never Seize (or equivalent) - it's a white grease, aluminum,
graphite compound designed to prevent rust welding - believe
me, you can torque the wheel nuts, submerge the trailer for
years and the lug nuts will spin off slick as slop sliding down
hill. I use it on everything that requires immersion in salt or fresh
water - works great.

"...slick as slop sliding down hill." LMAO!!!!

Are you sure you're not a "country boy"? )
noah

Courtesy of Lee Yeaton,
See the boats of rec.boats
www.TheBayGuide.com/rec.boats