Terry Spragg

rhys wrote:

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 11:07:56 -0500, Mike G
wrote:

IF you are not sure of a situation keep the firearm close at hand and
out of sight and don't go waving it around like it's a magic wand. Keep
it as your "ace in the hole".

If you don't think you can do that don't waste money on a firearm. It'll
only get you into more trouble then you would have been in without it.

Whatever one's stance on guns in yachts this is very, very good
advice. I haven't made up my mind yet, and I would have to train and
get dozens of permits, etc., but I do agree that if you bring it out,
don't stop shooting until everyone's dead or down.

Of course, if you're wrong and you've killed the crew of a harmless
bumboat, you'll rot in a tropical prison or make the Al-Jazeera
"Beheading of the Day", but that's the chance you take.

R.

Isn't it strange, the distance to which paranoia can press one?

I choose the pen.

If I was a societal engineer, terror would have to be a major tool.

If they are not 'after you', you relax, right? To be competitive,
you need to be scared. A nervous trigger shoots in many directions.

How would you inspire a nation?

At least the RCMP has the guts to admit that they can't defend
against every madman.

Is there a really smart crackpot out there with a plan to kill
everyone in revenge for being teased as a nurd, because he was too
smart, and not smart enough to hide it? Lordy, it get tiresome
pretending to be deaf and stupid.

Unlocked cockpit doors are one thing, where are there other
weaknesses still left ajar?

Oops! don't say it here! The paranoid over reaction could get you
branded as a danger to security. Where is the sweet spot for terror
/ stress / productivity / cost benefit?

Who's managing this situation? Is the oil price high enough for all
you Texans, yet?

I want an electric car. 150 km, 100 km/h, 5 hour recharge is fine.
Bring on the nuclear power. Bury the waste where it came from,
silicated into glass. Let's get to work on solar shingles.

If civilisation dissolves or nukes itself into Einstein's fourth
world war, fought with sticks, and future cave men find purple
glowing glass attractive jewellery, we deserved it. Only Education
gives us any chance at all. Radioactive H2 and H3 can be recycled,
seperated out of watery wastes and that's where it comes from,
anyway. Let's get over this nuclear bull****. There's far greater
danger in gold mines, with cyanide lagoons just waiting for a
typhoon, government controlled schools, and dirty DEW line sites to
clean up. C'mon!

The Japanese electric car Eliica looks like a Citröen, and France
depends on nukes. Where do they tip it?

Overall, BEST weapon for a sailboat: satellite linked security
cameras, or counterfeit warning placards complete with phoney
satellite dome, and a flamethrower disguised as a beer can or vent
cowl, Zippo in hand. Doubt not, a spray of gasoline in the face and
chest from a beer can full of it, accompanied by a deft c'ling,
shcict, poof, and buddy is all lit up!

First, you offer him a real beer, show that he is on live tv, and
his mother might be watching, "Say Hi!", then, you shoot him with
his own gun, after you help him into the water to put out the flames.

All you need is a laptop with a camera, to jab his brains out with a
pen and a line, hook and sinker.

Just keep him unparanoid enough to not worry about guns on boats,
again. You are far more likely to get swindled by a bank or government.

Unless you go looking for trouble.

Terry K