David Kemper

"Mike Buckley" wrote in message

David Kemper wrote in message

I think most people who meet him in real life actually value his
knowledge and advice.
In this ng though he really gets under some peoples skin. Those

people
mainly deserted this ng and can be found on the forum Mike Buckley
recommended to you. What he forgot to mention though was his own

vested
interest in directing you to that forum. See if you can discover who
looks after the sea kayaking bit. :-)

I do - although quite why I should have any "vested interests" in
"directing" anyone to UKSKGB (which I edit) is totally beyond me given

that
the site is non-commercial and doesnt benefit anyone other than the

people
who contribute to and use the resource and create its success. VERY

much a
"community effort".

Hope it helps you.

It helps me not at all as I already knew who edits that section of the
guidebook.
It is getting to be like spam. Any time someone visits this newsgroup,
up will pop Mike Buckley telling them to visit "his" site instead.
At the same time paddlers moan about how this newsgroup is very quiet
and not as interesting as the old days. They like the simplicity of
newsgroups and the ease of searching them but some of them do their best
to ensure it remains dead. Surely either a paradox or vested interests
at work.

David Kemper
Not a fan of spammers.