Peter Clinch

elyob wrote:

It'll be a while before I can afford a Knoydart! ... The guy at the tra=

ining=20
place down the road said me in a sea kayak is like a formula one car fo=

r a=20
trainee driver.

Eh?
Roos bought a 2nd hand glass McNulty for =A3200 last year. Needed a bit =

of work, but only with gelcoat filler. It's reasonably short for a sea=20
kayak and would be fine for a deep river dander. Sea boats tend to be=20
stable and straight running. They're relatively hard to turn, but how=20
maneuverable do you need somewhere where narrowboats can manage?

But as before, I would personally go for an open canoe for this job.

Pete.
--=20
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/