BCITORGB

Frederick observes:
=================
Look at socialization from an individualistic, developmental level. A
human is born totally dependent on its parents. He ages and becomes an
integral part of his family. He matures and becomes an integral part
of his community. At the most integral and mature stage, a person is a
contributing part of the community. As an infant, a person is almost
independent of community, but totally dependent on his parent.
Socialized medicine does not cater or promote infantile sloth and poor
health habits, it signals a mature and integrated society willing to
share strenths and weaknesses.
===================

You're right. As I explained to Scott earlier, I too once bought into
this "rugged individualist", "tough ****" on others, pay-your-own-way
nonsense.

And THEN I GREW UP! That's what most people do developmentally.

Scott's vision is just that -- a vision. It's an abstraction. It's a
theoretical curiousity. BUT IT DOES NOT WORK IN REALITY. Just like the
communism he loves to hate was a theoretical curiousity that did not
work in reality, so too is his version of human, social, and political
relationships an unworkable abstraction.

Cheers.
frtzw906