JG

Absolutely. I've found students, especially those who are near the end of
the class I teach, to be quite eagar to get those sails furled and the
halyards unclipped. Bad move if you need to get a sail up quickly.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Red Cloudİ" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:43:43 -0800, "Alan Gomes" wrote:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/032...p_aground.html

Some folks are so "neat and orderly" obsessed that they overlook the fact
that
sails should not be furled until you are well past tricky entrances. You
never
know when you are suddenly going to need them. The story mentions that the
Irving Johnson's sails were furled. Someone in charge apparently was more
concerned with style than safety. Dumb move. Bad result. Some key sails
should
have been kept at the ready.

red