David Kemper

"elyob" wrote in message

"Mike Buckley" wrote in message

Are most kayaks now made from plastic rather than GRP? Does anyone

have
manufacturer links, shops etc?

Google is a wonderful thing. Then again, try
http://www.s106156335.websitehome.co..._retailers.htm

Most playboats / creekers / river runners / general purpose boats

are
plastic. Proper sea-kayaks are GRP. Opens can be some form of

plastic -
usually.

I commend http://www.ukseakayakguidebook.co.uk/ and
http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/forum/ to you as other sources of

info.

Google is your friend for sure! I've met Dr Bennett's point of view

before
I've really met him!

I think most people who meet him in real life actually value his
knowledge and advice.
In this ng though he really gets under some peoples skin. Those people
mainly deserted this ng and can be found on the forum Mike Buckley
recommended to you. What he forgot to mention though was his own vested
interest in directing you to that forum. See if you can discover who
looks after the sea kayaking bit. :-)

All the advice given is great, and I hope others getting into the

sport will
find this thread interesting. I surely have.

New to a sport means finding your feet, but I'm glad so much response

has
been generated by my enquiry. Looks like this has been the busiest

thread
for a while in uk.r.b.p ..

Oh yes! Just watch when Dr Bennett turns up though. There will either be
rattle tossing aplenty, or this place will become like a ghost group
again. For a while...

Of course its all done in the best possible taste!

David Kemper
Not a fan of *******! grin!