Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
Larry W4CSC wrote:

wrote in
oups.com:

I would like to install a block heater for my Volvo MD7A diesel, to aid
with cold starting. Can anyone suggest who might make such a thing?

http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/na/e...productionengi
nes/dieselengine/inboard/

I went to this webpage and looked up the MD7A. The specs talk about an
"automatic cold starting device". Does it have glowplugs? I never had
one. I wonder if your "automatic cold starting device" is working properly
or is even hooked up?

Silly me. I connected the Perkins 4-108 intake pre-heater up like it's
supposed to be and the old farm tractor engine cranks right up at 30F by
just touching the starter! I'd be afraid to turn it over with a wrench for
fear it would take off with that preheater working, now!

Just keep the Rack shut off, and you can crank the 4-108 to your hearts
content.......

Bruce in alaska glowplugs, Intake Heaters, or not.........
--
add a 2 before @