Peter Clinch

Ewan Scott wrote:

So, how smelly do you want to get? I think you would be hard pushed to get a
week's worth of kit in a modern kayak. Possibly a little more in a longer,
older boat such as a GRP one, or perhas a Corsica or similar.

A dedicated touring boat has /plenty/ of room. I've had enough gear in
a kayak for a 3 day *ski touring* trip off a Norwegian hydro loch, so I
really don't see that a few extra days without the plastic boots, skis,
poles and extra warm clothing etc. will be /that/ problematical! The
sort of things folk like to cartwheel in stoppers won't do you any good,
granted.

for a Canadian to carry your gear. But it will be heavy, so get wheels for
portaging too.

Certainly easier to load in terms of both absolute volume and ease if
input and output, and though it's slower that's only really an issue if
you're in a hurry. I'd personally take a Canadian for this sort of job,
especially as they offer you more potential comfort from a variety of
seating/kneeling positions, but some people prefer kayaks.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK