Scott Weiser

A Usenet persona calling itself BCITORGB wrote:

Weiser states:
==============
Yup. That's life. Life sucks sometime. Why is that my problem?
============

Thanks, Scott, for the succinct summary of the philosophical
underpinnings of the American approach to health care.

It's not just our approach to health care, it's our approach to nearly
everything, to one degree or another. We are a people dedicated to liberty,
which includes the liberty to screw up our own lives and the liberty not to
be forced to pay for other people's mistakes and bad judgments.

Now let's all vote. All those in favor of the "Why is that my problem?"
approach to public policy?

AYE!

[SIDEBAR: I think, "Why is that my problem?" is what Canada and other
nations said when your guy went into Iraq.... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Which is fine with us, but it does mean that you don't get to share in the
spoils of war.

Only sad
bit about that is all poor young people who sacrificed for that folly.

Um...every one of our soldiers is a volunteer.

But, at least, they'll have socialized medicine when they come back,
right?]

Ever been to a VA hospital? What a nightmare to be *required* to go to a VA
hospital and be forbidden to seek your own hospital or surgeon.

--
Regards,
Scott Weiser

"I love the Internet, I no longer have to depend on
friends, family and co-workers, I can annoy people WORLDWIDE!" TM

© 2005 Scott Weiser