Lose the broker altogether. They have to charge more in order to make
their
sales commission. Buy from an individual and have a boat survey done
instead.

****************

There's a goofy comment for you. There are a lot of FSBO boats on the
market priced so ridiculously high that no broker will spend the money
required to market the boat. Just because a boat is FSBO doesn't mean
the seller has reduced his or her price by 10% so they can save the
*buyer* any money. Most FSBO sellers want to get every dime as much
selling privately as the broker could sell the same boat for. FSBO is
primarily concerned with what he's putting into his own pocket, and
that will be as much as he can possibly extract from yours.

Get a survey done *instead* of using a broker? Yowzers! Using a broker
is no substitute for a survey. Always survey, whether FSBO or broker. I
wonder if everybody actually has a clear understanding of the roles of
a broker and a surveyor in a boat transaction? Sometimes I see things
that persuade me there may be a lot of folks underinformed or
misinformed on these issues.