rick

"BCITORGB" wrote in message
oups.com...
Tink:
================
Hey frtzw, sounds like we got another dance going on, and
someone got
your hot button. I'll probably set this one out, but I like to
watch.
====================

Tink, it's not a hot button at all. It is simply disingenuous
of Scott
to pop off with some one-off example and thereby try to
discredit an
entire system.

==================
And just where was that done? Reporting on the fact that people
die while waiting must be news for you and kman. Think of it as
a public service. Knowledge is a good thing, putting your head
in the sand and pretending otherwise is dangerous in this case.

And you know what, if the critique were coming from
someone in Australia, or Germany, or France or whereever we
could lean
something about how to do things better, I wouldn't mind so
much. But
what can we learn from the American system?

First, let's be clear: we tried the American system and
rejected it.
it's not like Canada doesn't have experience with privatized
medicine.
that's what we had before we went universal.

As to what we can learn; that's simple. America is good at
providing
excellent care, quickly, if (and this is a huge IF), you can
pay for
it.

I don't need to know much more about the American system than
what
Frederick has outlined. That's enough to convince me that it
needs
fixing in a bad way. There's no way a decent, hard-working,
family
should have to live with such stress. What a stupid way to
treat the
people who make your system work and make your country great.
It's
dehumanizing. It's STUPID!

What about your personal case, Tink? How much of your monthly
income
goes to medical premiums? Are you concerned about losing your
coverage?

frtzw906