This is not kayak related but here goes.
Last year I had a car crash. Totalled the car but the 3 kayaks on the
roof were unhurt.
Thank God . there was a Capella An NDK Exploere and a Sealution.

My neck faired not so well and I had a little concussion. I drove to
the hospital was looked at immediately and had a secondary assesment.
Since then I have had xrays and a couple of visits to my GP.
No cost to me.... ( taxes obviously )
The physio is an insurance thing but who cares, it needs done and If I
had the time it would be free. ( In Hospital take a ticket and wait. )
There was never an issue in whether or not I could pay.
I guess I am a commie. I truly believe the folks in public housing ( oh
,, We don't have a large homeless problem in my community. ) will get
the same care. That is what reflects the values of my community.

My father had some heart problems. He got help immediately.
He passed away but it was not from lack of expertise, availability or
hospital beds.
In the end I believe we will be judged by how we treat the poorest in
society, not the wealthiest. I am pleased with Canada.
Our military is not the most powerfull ( I would like to see it better
funded. ) But we have not fely a need to reach out and touch someone in
the way GW has.
Our medical system is fine.
All the best to you and yours.
Alex McGruer