Marley

Geri izmack wrote:

I knew I'd be opening a can o' worms!

The Tramex reading he go on the cockpit was virtually zero, to give an idea
of calibration. The foredeck was a spotty 60-100, but Trojans have always
been weak in this area. All soundings were good (including the hull),
except for two small foredeck spots w/ compromised soundings.

The foredeck may be cored, while the hull may be (and should be) solid
below the water line.

Therefore a comparison between the two is fairly meaningless since they
both differ in density.

In other words zero on the deck and higher in the hull means nothing
more than...the hull is more dense than the deck. And that is normally
the case.

Just think about a moisture meter as what it REALLY is... a density
meter. Just doing that one thing will allow you to apply logic and
reason to the results that they give.

I'm afraid I don't have time to debate the matter with those who are
uniformed but stubborn.

Hope this info helps!

Best of luck

P.S. - if you are wondering why I know htis it's because I am an
engineer and designed non-invasive "moisure meters" for a living some
years ago.