Dr. Dr. & Mr Karen Greer

Kewl, Thanks for explaining the rules to me.

wrote in message
oups.com...
The bogus doctor quacked:

Would this qualify as a pig pile?

Hard to say. I only e-hummed a few bars of "me and my shadow".
Unless you know of somebody who would could be described as my shadow,
how could that be insulting? Besides, I can't see where any comments
were made about my shadow, pro or con, only that it followed me around.
Doesn't your shadow do the same? I don't think any names were named, so
do you think that shoe actually fits somebody? That would be
surprising, indeed! If so, who would that be?

I think Don referred to somebody as the Cleveland Crusader, but who
would that be? The only NG poster that I know of who is living in Ohio
for certain is my close friend JimH, and he lives
in Avon Lake, Ohio- not Cleveland. Whom do you suppose Don had in mind?

Harry did warn me that my special friend Karen of OZ was likely to
weigh in with a negative remark or two because the name of the company
giving away the free tickets was included in the email I reposted. If
you check the thread, I believe you'll see that I told Harry that Karen
shouldn't have a problem with something being given away absolutely
free and with no strings attached...it's pretty hard to call that SPAM.
I sort of defended her against Harry's remark- but I expect no
particular thanks and that's a fact.

So no, Doc. That's not a pig pile. A pig pile has to have a victim,
does it not? No victim was named, no insults were posted (at least not
by me), and if your imagination leads you to conclude that a specific
person was at the bottom of the pile, you might want to ask yourself
why you would draw such a conclusion. Whose behavior would be so
singularly unique that you would just "assume" any negative comments
must be directed at that person? Whose behavior would be so destructive
that you would just "assume" the mere mention of a person's name or
general description of the person's behavior would have to be an
insult?

I'll be waiting to hear just who you think fits the general description
of my shadow, why you think that person would qualify, and why you
believe that being called a shadow is insulting. Should prove
interesting. At least then we'll have a clear idea of the identity of
the party upon whom you feel we pig piled. :-)