Happy Gilmore

Default Question about Godfrey Hurricane quality

Since I am considering upgrading my small 17' bowrider to a 20'+
deckboat, I was at the NY boat show this past weekend and I was
speaking with a salesman from one of the dealers selling Godfrey
Hurricanes. I was looking at the Fun Deck 201, and was pretty sold on
it, until another couple showed up (with a teenage kid) and began to
talk to me - the wife says she loved the boat, but the husband
absolutely KILLED the Hurricane Fun Deck, saying it had all sorts of
problems (they said they had a 201 fun deck purchased last year).
Specifically, he mentioned shoddy interior construction, quarter size
pitting marks in the hull (or some other imperfections that developed,
can't recall which term he used), no linings in the under seat
storages (stuff got wet, water got too close to boat interior), etc.

Before he said anything, I thought that Godfrey Hurricane was at least
average, and he made it sound like the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Can anyone comment from experience on buying a new godfrey? I do my
boating in salt water, a bay off the NJ shore, close to the Atlantic
but not IN the actual ocean (not deep sea). Despite it only being a
bay, it can still get choppy.