Mke Graham

Default Marina gas prices - how much are you paying this summer?

Here on Lake Hopatcong in Northern NJ I just paid $1.99 a gallon. This is
about $0.50 higher than at a land station, but it is not worth it to me to
lug gas to the boat in cans. Besides, it makes some kind of sense that fun
gas costs more that work gas... If I had the choice of going to work on free
gas vs. going boating at $1.99 a gallon I'll take boating every time, or at
least until the money runs out.

"FishFan" wrote in message
om...
"Snafu" wrote in message

. earthlink.net...
I usually fill my trailer boat at the same place I fill the truck, and

the
cost here in Vancouver, WA is about $1.50 - $1.60 per gallon. Last

weekend,
I used a marina slip at Ilwaco, WA where there is just one fuel dock.

The
price: $2.049 per gallon. Ashore, the price of gas in the Ilwaco / Long
Beach, WA area is about $1.80, but that includes road tax (WA has one of

the
highest road taxes in the US) which the marina fuel dock presumably does

not
include.

My brother-in-law was recently at Lake Shasta, CA. He says the gas

price at
marinas there is about $3.00 per gallon!

How much are you paying at the dock? How does it compare to the price
ashore?

Just curious
Dan

Here in cental NJ I've seen $1.79 & $1.89 at marinas. On the road 89
octane (which is supposedly what your getting at most local marinas)
is about $1.45- $1.50.

My marina contract forbids refuleing from cans, but I see plenty of
people doing it, and I haven't seen a fire yet. At 40 - 50 cents a
gallon, if you're putting in 20 or 40 gallons it adds up. I usually
only do it if I know I'm leaving early on a long trip and can't get to
the gas dock during working hours.

FishFan