katysails

They put all their phones on "send" at 3:45....and they don't take them off
the voice mail cover until they've had their coffee in the morning...I have
a lot of contact with government offices...most have one fax machine with 50
faxes trying to get through at one time...and they only work 3 hours on
Fridays...not that they're not there...they only work the 3 hours...

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:16:32 GMT, "Lonny Bruce"
said:

Hey, if you want to see something funny, go to your local gov't building,
such as your county gov't building. Watch what happens at 5:00. There is
regular stampede of the gov't workers trying to get out the door, complete
with their briefcases packed and their coats on. So I figure they start
getting ready to leave at 4:45 by putting on thier coats and packing their
briefcases, etc, and by extenstion that probably means that they stop work
at 4:30 or so. Certainly once 4:15 rolls around they can't start a new
project because they will be leaving soon. So each worker wastes that
last
hour of the day preparing to leave.

Yes. I drew that example from reports of a relative about how the guvmint
workers in her office would start putting on their coats at 4:45 and sit
at
their desks bundled up until 5:00 rolled around.