Claus

Default Trailer - Tire change and wheel bearing question

n0sPaM wrote:

I have a 3-ton jack (for me to change my winter tires on my car), and now I
am trying to change a flatten tire on my 16' trailer of my boat, but I am a
little bit confused..I can't find lifting point, where should I put the
jack? any idea?

That's easy. Just place the jack under the axle or under the trailer
springs where the axel is attached. Be sure to secure the other wheel
with blocks from rolling forward and backward.

Also, do I need to grease the wheel bearing on the trailer wheel? Can I use
WD-40, just spray?

NO!!! Don't use WD-40 on your wheel bearings. It's way to liquid and
will wash out your grease. You actually do more harm than good. Best
thing to do is to take apart the wheel bearings, clean them and repack
the grease.

Also an important thins is to make sure all tires are the same
dimension. When I bought my boat with trailer one tire was 1/2 inch
smaller in diameter than the other. That pretty much killed the bearing
on the smaller wheel.