Goofball_star_dot_etal

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 04:27:59 +0100, "Flemming Torp"
fletop(kanelbolle)2rp.d(anmar)k wrote:

Thank you for your input.

Being more of a sailor, than a network or IT expert, the reason
for me raising the question in this group was a letter from a
fellow called Bruce - Feb.12th - that gave an short resumé of his
solution, and I liked it, and tried to 'call' him for some more
details - you know: From sailor to sailor - obviously. and
unfortunately without a positive result.

It is my experience that it is often much easier to follow or
join a conversation/discussion about exchange of ideas, and some
ones experience with specific solutions, when the participants
'are at the same footings', and share the same interests. Me
talking to a very bright computer/network expert is not always
very giving, as he or she does not understand, what I do not
understand. And the result is ... ... well, not very useful - one
could say ...

But I got your message. Thank you.

Don't give up yet. It works over USB. I suggest you get the software
and try it. I have the URLs somwhere if you need them. You need to
connect to the IP address your PC uses for USB. I could not find this
from the PC or the PPC directly but using vxIPConfig on the PPC it
gave the PPC IP address as 192.168.55.100 and the default gateway as
192.168.55.100. I called 192.168.55.100 with the wifi switched off on
both the PC and PPC and it worked. The IP address may well be the
same for you or perhaps not. . .

It is quite slow on the PPC when the PC screen is changing and this
locks up the scroll bars until it catches up. It works quicker if you
can reduce the size of the map on the PC to match the PPC screen. It
also seem quicker with vector charts, probably because they have less
detail to update.